Black Sand Dive Retreat, Lembeh Strait, North Sulawesi
Black Sand Dive Retreat is an exclusive 6-bungalow quality dive resort located on Lembeh Strait - Indonesia’s exotic "Critter Capital". Our resort is spread across three ha. of an old coconut plantation fronted by a private black sand beach in sheltered Kambahu Bay. This resort is the realization of a long-term dream of Bruce and Fung Moore, who have more than twenty years of experience when it comes to diving and hospitality in North Sulawesi.
We welcome the opportunity to share with you the countless treasures of the area, both above and below the water. Now in our tenth year of operation, BSDR offers specialized services leading to an exceptional dive holiday experience for our discerning guests...
Come and see what the excitement is all about!
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
- Only six bungalows means a maximum of twelve guests in the resort, so more personal attention
- Only 4 divers per speedboat guarantees small diving groups, so no pile-ups at special critters and less kicked-up sand
- Our House Reef is one of Lembeh's best dive sites with calm and current-free conditions
- Free self-guided shore dives off our beach helps to stretch your diving dollar
- We are located in the middle of Lembeh's best dive sites, so the speedboat ride to most of the top sites in the strait takes less than ten minutes
- Transfers to and from BSDR are smooth owing to the well-surfaced asphalt road from Bitung to the resort; no boat ride necessary
- Our open and elevated property offers not only great views, but catch seasonal breezes, so it's cooler and there are less mozzies
Diving in Lembeh
Known as the “Muck Mecca”, Lembeh is famous as the best destination on the planet for what is known as exotic critter diving, macro diving, or muck diving. There is an impressive array of underwater topography, including verdant soft and hard coral gardens, walls, and even a pinnacle. But it is the plain black sand sites that make the area famous with their profusion of strange and beautiful attractions.
Black Sand Dive Retreat on Vimeo
You might not be able to watch this video in Indonesia as it's hosted in Vimeo. Vimeo is sometimes blocked by the government of Indonesia